Wednesday 29 November 2017

The call that indicated otherwise

I am a man of principles.  I tend to maintain time and respect people who value time as well. I seldom take part in activities that prove to be huge time wasters. Also, I dislike people who beat around the bush on call and waste my time. So, it should come as no surprise that I find any telemarketing call off-putting.

I mean, it is alright to let the prospects know about your product or service over the phone. But there is no need to cram all the information in a call before asking the prospect “is it the right time to talk?” Just like you, the prospect too might be doing an important job. Also, in most cases, the telemarketing calls that I receive are widely off the mark.

 Survey calls too fall in the same category. They budge you round the clock and promise to keep it just for a minute when in reality it takes several minutes to complete. They do not really bring you any benefit and to top it off use your data for their personal gain.  So, what is in it for me? Why should I participate in it and waste my time?

It is for these reasons I do not entertain survey and telemarketing calls. They not only waste my time but also leave me quite baffled about why I received this call in the first place.

However, recently I was getting a number of calls from an unknown number. After many calls, I decided to receive the call and hear what the other person has to say. It turned out to be just another s
urvey call. This one was from Verso group. I became irritated and vented my frustration on the poor agent – “why were you calling me so many times?”

He mumbled something about valuing my opinion. Feeling resigned I decided to go on with the call and finish it on the first chance that I get. But as the call continued I gradually became impressed by the proficiency of the agent. He was quick to ask questions, listening to the answer patiently and he even asked me whether I would like to get relevant offers that would help me save a few hundred pounds a year. That indeed was a great saving opportunity for me. I was going through a tough financial situation back then.

This was the first time I took part in a survey and completed it. This survey showed me that even taking part in a survey was not all that bad. There is something in it for you after all. Thus the call that began with disappointment has ended on a better note.


After I took part in the survey, I keep getting relevant telemarketing calls.  That means Verso group is also excellent at sorting the data and sending it to relevant clients. This is one lead generation surveyor that knows their job. If all telephonic survey companies did their job with this efficiency, I will take part in a lot more surveys.

No comments:

Post a Comment